Saturday, October 24, 2009

Apple Skor Dip

I'm not an original. I think I stole this recipe from a friend, Leah, back home. Thanks Leah!! What do I remember about the night I first met this dip? -I remember all the girls at our sleepover-scrapbooking party (yup! and it was so much fun!), I remember them all fussing about how full they were from our night's fill of grub and I sat with the bowl, scooping out every last drop. It was that good. And the beauty is that you can even pretend it's healthy because you're eating apples!


Here's what you need:

1 pkg (8oz) cream cheese
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 container caramel sauce OR make your own **see below
1 pkg skor bits OR 4-5 Skor bars - crushed
Granny Smith apples, sliced

1. Beat the cream cheese with brown sugar until smooth. Spread thinly onto bottom of 8x8 dish.

2. Heat the caramel slightly (about 15 second in microwave) to make spreadable. Spread on top of cream cheese.

3. Sprinkle the package of Skor bits all over the top. Serve with sliced Granny Smith apples for dipping.

*

** In a medium saucepan over medium-low heat, or in the microwave, melt 16 individual caramels with 1/4 cup water, stirring often.

No comments: