Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Kelly Potatoes

I have seen this item sitting on many church buffet dinner tables and heard it named many different names. This recipe came from my mom. It's always a HUGE hit, probably because it's so low-fat. *cough*


Here's what you need:

1 (2 lb.) bag frozen hash brown potatoes
2 (8 oz.) cartons sour cream
1/2 c. chopped onions
1 (10 3/4 oz.) can cream of chicken or mushroom soup
2 c. shredded cheese, cheddar, sharp or other
pepper to taste
2 c. corn flake crumbs
1/4 c. butter, melted

**

Stir together first 6 ingredients in large bowl.
Spoon mixture into sprayed 9 x 13 casserole dish.
Sprinkle with cornflakes, then drizzle evenly with melted butter.
**I sometimes like to pre-mix the cornflakes and butter and add a handful of grated parmesan cheese**

Bake at 325° for 1 hour and 20 minutes or until bubbly.

3 comments:

Aleta said...

Ohhh!!! Thank you for sharing this - it looks DELICIOUS. I'll have to give it a whirl for the next family gathering!

Anonymous said...

We make this ALL the time!! Anytime my sisters and I get together they always ask me to bring this. Only I call it Cornflake Potato Casserole =)

Betsy Brock said...

I can almost smell that!